The Heroes Centre was an inter-generational and inclusive facility on Sinclair Street in the heart of Helensburgh, featuring Hucksters a 1950′s themed Cafe, Visitor Centre, Exhibition Space and Merchandise area.
A unique visitor experience in the heart of Helensburgh
The building captured our concept of inspiring current and future generations to do great things by having the arts, education, innovation and community at its heart.
The Centre housed a collection of museum quality items associated with over 100 people who have connections with the area – from John Logie Baird to UK Prime Minister Andrew Bonar Law.
WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE EXPERIENCED AT THE HEROES CENTRE:
- A Range of Exclusive Quality Gifts – all linked to Helensburgh and its Heroes
- Hucksters – a 1950′s Style Cafe – served classic fayre from thick shakes, delicious cheesecakes to frozen ice cream
- An exhibition area that told the stories of many remarkable local men and women
- A Visitor Centre
- John Muir Way certificates
- The Heroes Centre also held events and workshops