Heroes... The Charity Recording
We have been given provisional permission by Fairwood Music Publishing to record a charity/community version of the classic Bowie/Eno song 'Heroes', subject to obtaining the relevant MCPS & PRS licenses. It is Helensburgh Heroes intention that the recording will be released commercially, with any proceeds going towards the various projects that Company is involved with - particularly the Clyde Street Centre (should our bid be successful).
Helensburgh Heroes has booked the Main Victoria Hall on Saturday 24th January 2009 for the actual recording of the song by the community. Detailed plans will be released over the next few weeks - but here is a snapshot of plans to date.
We are hoping that we will attract a large number of local people of all ages and musical ability to the venue on the morning of the 24th. We can accommodate a maximum of 300 folks for logistical and safety reasons. The major part of the day from 09.00am – 14.30 pm will be spent rehearsing and arranging the music.
It is then intended to record a master of Heroes later in the afternoon. We aim to leave the building by 18.00pm at the latest. The entire proceedings will be filmed for an accompanying video. It is also hoped that the event will generate media interest in both Helensburgh and our projects.
If you would like to be personally involved, represent a local community group, or wish to assist in this crazy, but very worthwhile, project please register your interest by contacting us using this form:Contact Form
Points to remember at this stage.
1. We are limited to a maximum of 300 performers and musicians
2. Everyone involved will be asked to sign a personal disclaimer waiving their image and artistic rights
3. Children under the age of 18 must have signed permission and approval from a parent or legal guardian
4. The performance could be televised and featured in national media
5. The recording and subsequent video will be released commercially
6. No one will receive fees of any kind for performing – participation is on a voluntary basis
7. Helensburgh Heroes will be seeking volunteer helpers – catering, first aid etc - for the day in addition to performers.
8. All details are subject to change – so keep coming back for updates!!